2017 Nebraska Art Biennial - Backup
GALLERY 1516 is now accepting entries for the Richard D. Holland 2017 NEBRASKA BIENNIAL.
Administered by GALLERY 1516, this biennial juried award honors a NEBRASKA artist for their original, exceptional, and compelling work. The winner is awarded an unrestricted cash prize of $5,000, and a selection of his or her works will be shown at GALLERY 1516 in the fall of 2017.
Richard D. Holland (1922–2016) was a Nebraska native and enthusiastic supporter of the arts. His friends established the annual Holland Award as a celebration of his life and to honor and continue his efforts to provide financial support to the artists of the region.
Beginning this year, Gallery 1516 will honor visual artists working in Nebraska to receive the unrestricted cash award.
Selection Process and Gallery 1516 Exhibition
Fifty works will be selected from the pool of applicants. These works will be selected by a 3-person jury process. The artwork will be reviewed anonymously and will be included in the Nebraska Artist Biennial exhibition at Gallery 1516 opening November 3 thru December 30, 2017.
Artists are encouraged to submit their most recent body of work, although this is not a requirement (everyone has a piece that stands the test of time and will be eligible).
Administered by GALLERY 1516, this biennial juried award/exhibition honors NEBRASKA artists for their original, exceptional, and compelling work. The winner of each category, including Best of Show, will be awarded an unrestricted cash prize.
- Drawing, Painting, Photography, & Emerging Artist Awards
Requirements: Each artist may enter a maximum of 3 pieces. A category must be identified for each piece entered.
- Richard D. Holland Best of Show Award - $5,000
- Kent Bellows Award for Drawing - $1,000
- Milton Wolsky Award for Painting - $1,000
- Wm Henry Jackson Award for Photography - $1,000
- J Laurie Wallace Award for Student/Emerging Artist - $1,000
- $35 per artist
- Entry fee covers up to 3 works; works can cross into different categories.
- The entry fee also applies to 1-year Individual Membership to Gallery 1516.
Who is eligible for the award?
The awards are open to Nebraska 2-D visual artists working in Drawing, Painting or Photography.
Artists of diverse backgrounds and ages are encouraged to apply… (sorry, no 3D work category this year due to display limitations, we hope to have this resolved for the 2019 Biennial)
See Application information and requirements below.
How To Apply
All entries must be submitted on-line.
- Please upload a resume, artist statement, and up to three images with your on-line application. When uploading your images, you will be asked to include the title, date, medium, and dimensions of each work.
- Please also include a brief description about the image.
Entries sent by standard mail will not be accepted
For application and instructions on how to download images and more information about the awards or the selection process, please visit www.Gallery1516.org
All applications must be completed and submitted on-line by MIDNIGHT CST on September 1, 2017.
- Artwork must be available for display from November 1 thru December 31, 2017.
- Artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of artwork selected for the exhibition.
- This will be a selling exhibition. All proceeds from sales will be paid directly to you or your representative. Gallery 1516 is a non-profit with 501c3 status and does not require any commission fees.
Gallery 1516 is committed to the values of creativity, excellence, engagement, diversity, accessibility, and stewardship.
The artist submitting this application (“Applicant”) certifies that the information contained in the application, including all support documents and attachments, is true and correct. Applicant further certifies that the submitted works are the original work of the Applicant and do not infringe upon the copyright, trademark, personal property, privacy or publicity rights of others, or violate any other law, rule, or regulation. Gallery 1516 and the Award Committee Members are not responsible for any damage, loss, or liability related to or arising from the materials submitted, and are not required to return materials submitted to Applicant. Gallery 1516 reserves the right to withhold any prize if Applicant fails to comply with these terms.
If you are chosen as the winner of an award, please note that Gallery 1516 will retain the exclusive right to purchase your works during the term of Exhibition, subject to the terms of the corresponding Exhibition Agreement. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org